Attivo Networks Completes a Record Year of Technology, Customer and Partner Growth, and Notable Industry Recognitions
Company Increases Global Sales and Customers across Key Verticals, Expands Deception Technology Innovation and Eco-System Partnerships, and Wins Multiple Awards
Fremont, CA., February 25, 2016— Attivo Networks®, the leader in deception for cyber security threat detection, today announced that 2015 was a banner year for customer acquisition, product innovation, technology partner integration, and company expansion. Attivo closed the 2015 calendar year with significant momentum and customer growth with enterprise and Fortune 500 companies. Attivo added customers across four new verticals including energy, entertainment, telecommunications and business services, in addition to customer growth in financial, healthcare, technology and government. The company is engaging with over 200 enterprise companies, government agencies, and cites repeat orders from its early adopter customers who made their first purchases in 2014. At the beginning of 2016, Attivo also announced the expansion of its global footprint by partnering with Macnica Networks to help support the Japanese market and its growing global customer base and that industry veteran Jeff Williams has joined the company’s Board of Directors to provide expertise in global operations.
“2015 was an outstanding year for Attivo Networks and our customers,” said CEO Tushar Kothari. “More and more businesses are using our deception based detection to keep their networks safe from attackers who have breached their perimeters. Our growing portfolio of technology innovations and partnerships are providing significant customer value and will keep Attivo positioned as the clear leader for organizations turning to detection as an integral part of their overall security infrastructure.”
“Even the best security prevention solutions have proven that they cannot reliably detect all types of cyber threats. It is clear that there is a need for additional visibility into attacks that have bypassed traditional solutions and are inside-the-network,” said Mark Sutton, CISO at Bain Capital. “Deception takes a new and innovative approach that is not reliant on known signatures and attack patterns. By adding deception, a more comprehensive security posture can be taken to misdirect attackers and give organizations the much-needed time to prevent a successful attack.”
Attivo provides the most comprehensive and advanced deception platform, with 2015 product innovations including the expansion of dynamic deception for decoys and end-point deceptions, engagement servers with real operating systems designed to detect reconnaissance and stolen credential attacks, the delivery of detection for VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Industrial Control System ICS- SCADA environments, and large global data centers. In January, the company also announced an enhanced version of their deception platform, which can now detect all classes of cyber threats including reconnaissance, stolen credentials, phishing, and ransomware attacks.
- Deception technology scaled to support VMware and Amazon Web Services and central management released to provide detection and centralized threat intelligence for the largest of public, private, and hybrid clouds.
- Continuous threat detection for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) SCADA devices used to monitor and control most facility and manufacturing operations as well as critical infrastructures around the world.
- BOTsink Multi-Dimensional Correlation Engine provides forensics and analysis of malware, in a safe “sandbox” environment.
- Enhanced end-point deception lures to provide deception credentials, detect CryptoLocker, KillDisk and other ransomware attacks, and to lure attackers to the BOTsink engagement server for analysis and containment.
- Strategic distribution partnership with Cloud Harmonics, the leading cloud security solutions distributor and a Palo Alto® Networks distributor and training partner.
- Attivo BOTsink solution integration with Juniper Networks® SRX Series.
- Attivo BOTsink solution integration with the McAfee® Network Security Platform and Certified Technology Partner in the Intel Security Innovation Alliance Technology Partner Program.
- Integrations with major SIEM solutions; ArcSight, Splunk, QRadar.
- Integration with ForeScout to provide fast and easy deployment of Attivo deceptions across large end-point deployments.
- Integration of Blue Coat Security Platform with the Attivo Deception Platform for automated information sharing required for the prompt quarantining of infected devices and the updating of prevention systems to protect against future attacks.
“In today’s environment, the speed of detection and remediation are critical to the well-being of our joint customers,” comments Peter Doggart, Vice President of Business Development for Blue Coat Systems, Inc. “Deception-based technology provides a new approach for the detection and analysis of malicious attackers that are inside the network. By automating the sharing of Attivo forensic data with the Blue Coat ProxySG, our customers can benefit from the ability to instantly block infected end-points and promptly defend against additional cyber attacks.”
“The ForeScout | Attivo integration provides for easy deployment of Attivo endpoint deception technology throughout the enterprise, connecting information to identify the endpoints that need to be remediated and apply those controls.” says Pedro Abreu, Sr. Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, ForeScout Technologies.
“We are pleased with Attivo’s deception-based BOTsink solution and how it complements Juniper’s Software-Defined Secure Networks portfolio to deliver real-time threat detection as well as advanced visibility for suspicious network activity,” said Jennifer Blatnik, vice president of portfolio marketing, cloud and enterprise at Juniper Networks. “Our combined technologies offer a dynamic deception solution that provides customers with vital intelligence to promptly block and quarantine risks.”
Gartner research report, “Shift Cybersecurity Investment to Detection and Response”, by Ayal Tirosh and Paul Proctor states that “by 2020, 60 percent of enterprise information security budgets will be allocated for rapid detection and response approaches, up from less than 20 percent in 2015”. This transition is being seen and recognized. In the last 12 months, deception as an effective solution for threat detection has received awards and multiple levels of recognition. Attivo was recognized for the following:
- Named an Affiliate Board Advisor to the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC)
- Attivo won the 2015-2016 Cloud Awards Security Innovation of the Year award, was a finalist as a Tech Trailblazer Security Trailblazer of the Year, was recognized as a 2015 CRN® Emerging Vendor and was chosen for a speaking session at RSA 2016 through a crowdsourced voting process
The Attivo Networks innovative approach to cyber threat detection provides a comprehensive deception platform that in real-time detects inside-the-network BOTs and advanced persistent threats (APTs) that have by-passed all other prevention systems. Traditional threat detection solutions are designed to monitor network traffic and look for suspicious attack behavior base on known signature patterns. Instead, Attivo provides a non-disruptive, scalable solution that instantly detects the presence of attackers, identifies their intent and provides intelligence to stop the attack The Deception Platform include a wide variety of deception techniques, decoys, and engagement servers and is designed for user networks, data centers, cloud and SCADA environments.
About Attivo Networks
Attivo Networks® is the leader in dynamic deception technology, which in real-time detects intrusions inside the network, data center, and cloud before the data is breached. Leveraging high-interaction deception techniques, the Attivo BOTsink® Solution lures BOTs and APTs to reveal themselves, without generating false positives. Designed for efficiency, there are no dependencies on signatures, database lookup or heavy computation to detect and defend against cyber threats. Attivo solutions capture full forensics and provide the threat intelligence to shut down current and protect against future attacks. www.attivonetworks.com
Follow Attivo Networks: Twitter and Linked In
415-963-4082 ext. 101