INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our products and services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect it. We obtain Personal Information relating to you from various sources described below.
Information Provided by You
- Business contacts. We may receive professional contact details of employees and other individuals associated with our customers, partners, and vendors, such as first and last name, email address, phone number, title and department, and other information relevant to the particular business relationship.
- Communications. If you contact us directly (e.g., via email, phone etc.) or fill out information on our website (e.g., to request a demo, to ask a question via our online contact form, to apply for a job on our career page etc.), we collect your name, email address, phone, company, postal address, the content, date and time of your message and any attachments thereto, and other information you may directly provide to us. If you post a public comment on our blog page, we ask you to provide your name and email address.
Information Collected via Automated Means
The Attivo website may use “cookies” or similar technologies to help you personalize your online experience and improve our products and services. When we refer to “cookies” below, we mean cookies and similar technologies.
- What is a cookie? A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- What information is collected via cookies? Information about your computer hardware and software, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses.
Information Collected via Third Parties
- Social sign-on. We may collect Personal Information about you when you sign in via third party services (such as Facebook and Google). This information may include name, email address, IP address, phone number, etc.
- Other third parties. We may also obtain Personal Information about you from other third parties, such as database vendors, events, etc. This information may include name, job title, email address, phone number, social media profiles, company name, company address, etc.
- Publicly accessible sources. We may collect information about you, including name, job title, email address, phone number, social media profiles, company name, company address, etc. from publicly accessible sources, such as social media sites, web search, etc.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Attivo collects and uses your Personal Information as described below.
- Services. To operate, provide and maintain the services that we offer to our customers, our website, and other products and services that we may offer. For example, if you work at one of our customers, partners, or vendors, we may use your email address to manage the business relationship. Attivo does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- Communications. We may send emails to an email address you provide to us (i) for customer service or technical-support purposes, or (ii) to send you information about topics or content that may interest you; updates about the latest developments or features of our products and services; or updates regarding your order. Attivo may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Analytics and product development. We and our service providers use Personal Information, such as your interactions with our products and services, to monitor and analyze usage of, and to improve and enhance our products, services, and website.
- Tailored user experience. To customize your customer experience, for example by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit our website, to determine which products or services are the most popular, to deliver customized content and advertising within Attivo to those whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Job applications. If you apply for a job at Attivo, we may process your Personal Information to evaluate your application.
- Legal. We may use your Personal Information to defend our legal rights, to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
WHEN WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send marketing communications, direct sales outreach, etc.
- Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide you with Attivo’s products and services, including for account registration or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to prevent fraud.
- Legitimate interest. We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our products and services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Attivo may share Personal Information about you in the following circumstances:
- Attivo’s business customers. We may share Personal Information about you with our business customers when we process that information on their behalf as we provide them with our products and services.
- Service providers. We may disclose Personal Information about you to trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, arrange for deliveries or provide other services to Attivo. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to Attivo, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
- Merger. To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Legal. If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Attivo secures your Personal Information by maintaining administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When we process Personal Information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe. We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Attivo by unsubscribing here: https://go.attivonetworks.com/UnsubscribePage.html or contacting us here at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, Attivo will provide you with any Personal Information we hold about you. You may instruct us to delete your Personal Information at any time.
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Attivo encourages you to review the privacy policies of websites you choose to link to from Attivo so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Attivo is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices, or other content on websites outside of the Attivo website.
Attivo does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen. If you are under the age of sixteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Attivo Networks, Inc.
46601 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 510.610.1000
Effective as of July 25, 2018